by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1145 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 925922 times
The traditionally non-vegetarian dish viz. Chilli chicken is modified for vegetarians. This melt in the mouth starter flavoured with all the ethnic chinese flavours is an all time favourite that is really easy to prepare. Serve it as a starter or even as accompaniment for your main meal.
- Combine all the ingredients for the batter in a bowl and make a smooth batter by adding approximately ¼ cup of water.
- Coat the paneer pieces with the batter and deep fry in hot oil over a high flame till the paneer is golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil and add the ginger, garlic, celery, spring onion whites and green chillies and sauté over a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add the soya sauce, sugar, cornflour paste and salt and allow it to come to a boil.
- Toss in the fried paneer and mix well.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the spring onion greens.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.