Chilled Cherry Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 68 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11367 times
A recipe from Hungary. This pink soup gets more nourishing with the addition of cherry seeds.
- Remove the stones from the cherries.
- Blend the cherries, yoghurt and lemon juice together in a blender.
- Break the stones and take out the seeds.
- Mix the cherry seeds, sugar, cinnamon and lemon rind with 3 tablespoons of water.
- Boil the mixture for 1 minute and add to the soup mixture.
- Cool, add a little water if the soup is too thick and put to chill. Serve chilled.
- Variation :
- Chilled Strawberry soup. Instead of cherries, use the same quantity of strawberries and proceed as above.
- Goodness Guide :
- This yoghurt-based soup is rich in protein, calcium Vitamins B Complex and C.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
|7.1 g||18.5 g||2.3 g|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.