Chilkewale Parathe, Protein Rich Recipes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39106 times
Chilkewale Parathe, not just kids but adults too need a fair amount of protein to make up for the wear and tear of body cells, boost immunity as well as for body building.
Hence , what can be more right than these parathas, which are not only healthy and delicious but also filling! Serve with curds to further raise the protein quotient of your meal.
- Combine the green moong dal and 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 13 to 14 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Do not drain it.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, including the cooked green moong dal (along with the water remaining behind) and knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead the dough again using ½ tsp of oil till it is smooth and divide it into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into 150 mm (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha on a medium flame, using ½ tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with a bowl of fresh curds.
Nutrient values Per serving
|Energy|| 159 kcal|
|Protein|| 5.3 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 19.9 gm|
|Fat|| 5.8 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.0 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 90.5 mcg|
|Calcium|| 83.1 mg|
|Iron|| 1.3 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 18.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.