Chickpea Soup ( Soups and Salads Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13446 times
This lebanese soup is delicious! the special baharat masala gives a nice edge to the soup and complements the creaminess of the chickpea rather well. Throw in garlic, onion, tomatoes and potatoes with a sprinkling of lemon juice, the flavours come together beautifully. This soup tastes great when chunky, but you could blend it into a creamy, thick soup as well. Serve bubbling hot with bread sticks!
- Combine all the ingredients in a kadhai and dry roast on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till they release a pleasant aroma. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a fine powder and use as required. Store in an air-tight container.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the cardamom, onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, potatoes and drained kabuli chana, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the baharat powder, salt and 4 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 2 whistles.
- Lower the flame and pressure cook for another whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the tomato purée, lemon juice and coriander, mix well and simmer for another minute, stirring once in between.
- Serve hot with bread sticks.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.