Chick Pea and Soya Tikki Roll ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 87 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29792 times
The piece de resistance of this recipe is the chick pea soya tikkis. And you will be surprised to know that this delicious wrap is great for weight-watchers and heart patients. Soya helps lower cholesterol and the low-cal mayonnaise adds to the taste without scaring the calorie-counter!
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all the water.
- Combine the soya granules, kabuli chana and mint leaves and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste without using any water.
- Add the chilli-garlic chutney, green chillies, ginger and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) oval flat tikkis.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each tikki on a medium flame using ¼ tsp of oil till the tikkis turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, onions, coriander, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix lightly and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and place 2 in a single row in the centre of the roti.
- Arrange ¼th of onion-tomato mixture and spread 2 tbsp of low-cal mayonnaise over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each roll and serve immediately.
- To get 1 cup boiled kabuli chana, soak ½ cup of it overnight, pressure cook till done and drain well and use per the recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.