Chick Pea Tikkis
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28969 times
A traditional indian snack made nutritious with the addition of protein and calcium-rich ingredients-chick peas and mint, which helps in the development of healthy teeth and bones of your baby.
- Combine the kabuli chana, mint leaves and green chillies and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture without using water.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape them into round flat tikkis (approx. 2" diameter).
- Grease a non-stick tava (griddle) with ¼ tsp of oil.
- Cook the tikkis using 1½ tsp of oil till 8 tikkis turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 5 to make one more batch of tikkis.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
- 1 cup of raw kabuli chana (white chick peas) gives 2½ cups soaked and boiled kabuli chana (white chick peas)
Nutrient values per tikki
| 53 kcal|| 2.0 gm|| 7.1 gm|| 1.8 gm|| 30.0 mg|| 22.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.