Chick Pea, Mushroom and Barley Salad with Balsamic Dressing
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9311 times
Name the texture, name the flavour, and you are sure to find it in this exciting salad. From cucumber for a juicy crunch, and kabuli chana for a mealy touch, to barley and mushrooms for chewiness and sun-dried tomatoes for tang, this Salads features a wide assortment of ingredients, further enhanced with a tongue-tickling dressing of peppy vinegar, refreshing lemon juice and olive oil – which does the balancing act. Enjoy the Chick Pea, Mushroom and Barley Salad with Balsamic Dressing chilled, to relish an exciting crunch and to avoid sogginess.
- Combine the barley and 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the sun-dried tomatoes and enough hot water in a bowl and soak it for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Add the prepared dressing and toss well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.