Chick Pea, Mushroom and Barley Salad with Balsamic Dressing
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6348 times
Chick peas with mushrooms, barley and sun dried tomatoes tossed together in balsamic vinegar to make a protein rich healthy salad. Always serve chilled.
- Put the sun dried tomatoes in hot water for 15 minutes and keep aside.
- Combine the kabuli chana with enough water and little salt and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles or till the kabuli chana are soft and cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain the kabuli chana.
- Combine the kabuli chana, mushrooms, cucumber, barley, sun dried tomatoes and spring onions in a bowl, mix well and refrigerate.
- Just before serving add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Serve chilled.
- Pearl barley is easily available at local chemists. Wash it thoroughly and cook it in boiling water like rice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.