Chick Pea, Lettuce and Vegetable Salad in Lemon Dressing
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 83 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24937 times
Boiled chickpeas, a nice helping of mixed vegetables, a tart, lemony dressing and crisp, garlic-flavored bread croutons are all tossed in together for a lovely, summery salad that will tickle your taste buds.
- Cut the bread slices into 12. 5 mm. (½") cubes.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan and add the garlic.
- Add the bread cubes and sauté over a medium flame till they are lightly browned and crisp. Cool completely.
- Wash and soak the kabuli chana overnight. Drain.
- Pressure cook it with salt and 3 cups of water for 2 to 3 whistles until they are cooked. Drain out all the water and cool completely.
- Combine all the other ingredients including the kabuli chana in a large bowl and refrigerate till use.
- Just before serving, add the garlic croutons and the dressing and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.