Cheesy Khada Bhaji Wrap ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 87 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21129 times
The all-time favourite bhaji which is usually prepared in a thick, gravy-like consistency using fresh local vegetables and fine spices has been tweaked slightly. Here, we use potatoes, tomatoes and cauliflower chunks coated in a gravy of onions, capsicum and spices using chunks of veggies prevents the wrap from turning soggy. What makes this wrap unforgettable is the interplay of textures brought about by the bhaji and the onion-tomato salad, along with crumbled papad which adds the crunch!
- Heat the butter on a tava (griddle) or in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds powder and chilli-garlic chutney and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, tomatoes, pav bhaji masala, salt and 2 tbsp of water and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas, potatoes, cauliflower and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, onions, coriander, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and arrange ¼th of the khada bhaji in a row in the centre of the roti.
- Arrange ¼th of the onion-tomato mixture over the khada bhaji.
- Finally sprinkle 2 tbsp of crushed papad and 1 tbsp of cheese over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each wrap and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.