Cheesy Corn and Spinach Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24500 times
Who would have thought that pizzas, which are normally categorized as junk food, can be easily transformed into a healthy dish by using corn and spinach Rotis instead of the unhealthy pizza base that is made with refined flour (Maida)! Also, cheese and corn help perk up the flavour along with pizza sauce. Wheat germ enhances immunity as it is rich in vitamin E, a natural antioxidant that fights disease-causing germs.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using water as required. Keep aside covered with a wet muslin cloth.
- Knead again and divide the dough into 7 equal portions and roll out each portion into 75 mm (3") diameter roti. Alternatively cut into desired shapes using different cookie cutters as shown in the picture.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook each roti lightly till brown spots appear on both the sides. Keep aside.
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skin and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, ¼ cup of water, oregano, sugar and salt and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or till the liquid evaporates.
- Remove and divide the sauce into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface, spread one portion of the pizza sauce evenly on it and sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or till the roti is crisp and the cheese melts.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 6 more pizzas and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.