Cheese Popcorn ( Finger Foods for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37156 times
Make popcorn a little more delicious. Freshly popped corn, cheese and herbs tossed in together makes a surprisingly tasty snack. Children will enjoy this over a weekend cartoon movie; serve in cute paper buckets or cones. Yummy! these mini munchies are best consumed within a day.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the corn and salt and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a very slow flame for approx. 4 to 5 minutes or till you hear the popping sound. When the corn stops popping, remove from the flame and open the lid of the pressure cooker (refer handy tip).
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the cheese powder, chilli flakes and pepper, mix well and remove from the flame.
- Add the prepared popcorn and toss well.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
- At step 2, do not put the gasket and whistle on the lid of the pressure cooker, to allow the steam to escape and avoid the popcorn from turning soggy.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.