Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 184 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 100408 times
A unique tiffin that your kid is sure to love! Children are generally very fond of the flavour and texture of cheese, but sometimes parents find it challenging to pack cheese-based foods in the snack box as it tends to get chewy. But, this Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao is a delightful option, which stays fresh in a tiffin box for five hours! Moreover, it has an interesting mix of ingredients ranging from rice and green peas to grated cheese, which makes it tasty and wholesome too. For the short break tiffin you can pack Khakhra Chivda ( Tiffin Treats For Kids ) and Healthy No Bake Cookies .
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the cumin seeds, clove, cinnamon and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the onions and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas, salt and 2½ cups of hot water, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese and coriander, mix gently and cook on medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot or cool slightly and pack in a tiffin box.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1216.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||5.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||41.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||70.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.