Cheese Hot Pot
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 97 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22198 times
A great way to enjoy the wonderful flavours of cheese in a soup! use cheese that is easily available in super markets. Make the brown stock using a wide assortment of vegetables - go ahead and use all that is in season. It is the brown stock that gives this soup its differentiating taste. Crumbled bread and chopped vegetables add a healthy bulk to the soup and the grated cheese adds a creamy, delicious finishing touch.
Add your private note
Cheese Hot Pot recipe - How to make Cheese Hot Pot
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 servings
- Combine all the vegetables along with 8 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan and boil on a medium flame for approx. 20 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled blend in a mixer till smooth and strain using a strainer. Use as required.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and cloves and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the brown stock, mix well and simmer on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Remove and discard the crust from the bread slices. Crumble the bread slices and add it to the soup.
- Add the mixed vegetables, cheese, salt and pepper, mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.