by Tarla Dalal
Added to 163 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16797 times
These savoury Cheese Cookies are not just a great accompaniment for tea, but also a quick option for your kids snack box. You can make a batch of these and pack.
- Beat the butter in a bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the cheese, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the plain flour mix well and knead into a semi-stiff dough without using water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter thin circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Cut into 8 small rounds of approx. 37 mm. (1 ½”) in diameter with the help of a cookie cutter.
- Scrape off the dough remaining after cutting the cookie rounds and continue making more cookies.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely, store in an air tight container or pack in a tiffin box.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.