by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 83 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40537 times
Chatpate Aloo is Punjab's version of the ever popular potato wedges. This dish incorporates a variety of flavours and textures starting with the humble potato tossed in nutty flavoured sesame seeds, the crispy capsicum and then the tangy flavour of the amchur powder. Mustard oil imparts a typical Punjabi flavour to the aloo and the abundant use of chilies makes it a spicy delicacy. A versatile dish Chatpate Aloo can be eaten by itself as a snack or served with hot puris and delightful aam ka achaar.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai on a medium flame and deep-fry the potato fingers till they are golden brown and cooked. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, sesame seeds, dry mango powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the potatoes, green chillies and coriander and mix well. Keep aside
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan to smoking point, add the asafoetida and stir for about 10 seconds.
- Add the capsicum and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potato mixture and toss gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with puris and aam ka achaar.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.