by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 171 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 127756 times
Chatpata rings, an occasional snack for the short recess, these munchies look and taste great. Limit the portion size, since they are deep-fried and habit-forming.
- Combine the maize flour, plain flour, oil and salt in a bowl and knead into soft dough adding warm water (approx. 4 tbsp). Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Knead again using oil till smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 150 mm (6”) diameter circle.
- Divide each circle into 2 equal portions (you will get 4 semi-circles).
- Place a semi-circle on a flat, dry surface and cut it into 1 cm. Thick strips.
- Repeat with the remaining semi-circles to make more strips. Keep aside.
- Roll each strip into a ring and press to seal the edges.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the rings in batches in oil till they turn golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle the prepared masala and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.