Chatpata Dahiwala Bread
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 786 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 181341 times
Bread loaves, although of western origin, have been ably used by Indians in many indigenous preparations including bhajias and upma. Here is another such exciting desi creation with bread. Cubes of bread coated with a tangy curd masala are seasoned and sautéed till brown and crisp. You will enjoy every mouthful of the Chatpata Dahiwala Bread.
- Combine the curds, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt along with 2 tbsp of water in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the bread cubes and mix till the bread is coated with the curds mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and ginger and sauté on medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onion slices and sauté till they are lightly browned.
- Add the bread mixture and sauté on a slow flame, till the bread turns light brown in colour, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.