Chatpata Dahi Wada
by Yamini Ramesh
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9212 times
Chatpata dahivada is a delicious chaat recipe with fried vadas( urad dal dumplings) smeared with chilled beaten curd and topped with spicy and tangy chutneys. A delicious north indian delicacy, dahi vada is best served chilled on a hot summer day.
- Soak the urad dal for 3-4 hours, drain, add the salt and blend in a mixer to a semi smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, drop a spoonful of urad dal batter in the form of vadas and deep fry till golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Dip in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, squeeze out water from the wadas by pressing gently in your palms.
- Place the vada in a plate, add some curds to soak the wada, pour the tamarind chutney , sprinkle jeera powder, chilly powder and kala namak and serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Yamini Ramesh on 23 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.