Chat Pati Frankies
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1657 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 130220 times
Let us wave our magic wands and turn boring chapatis into exciting frankies! And guess what, we are going to use all your favourite veggies and yummy paneer too. With the addition of peppy chaat masala and a bit of handiwork, the veggies turn into a tasty filling, which is tightly rolled up into the chapatis to make Chat Pati Frankies.
Enjoy it fresh, with a dash of tomato ketchup and a glass of Coconut and Orange Drink .
- Peel and mash the boiled potatoes using a masher.
- Put the mashed potatoes in a bowl, add the paneer, carrot, cheese, 1 tsp chaat masala, lemon juice and little salt and mix well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into an oblong roll.
- Grease a non-stick tava (griddle) with little oil and cook the rolls using a little more oil till both sides turn brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Warm the chapatis and place them on a serving plate.
- Place a chapati on a clean, dry board.
- Place the roll in the centre of the chapati.
- Place 4 capsicum strips, 3 tomato strips and a little chaat masala evenly over it.
- Roll the frankie tightly.
- Repeat steps 6 to 9 to make 3 more frankies.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.