Chat - Pata Pav
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 900 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31154 times
When you don’t have time for Pav Bhaji you can make do with this equally tempting creation! A fabulous, tongue-tickling, desi style mixture of sautéed and spiced veggies is tossed with butter and packed inside succulently fresh pav buns. Served with a garnish of lemon juice and coriander, this Chat-Pata Pav brings alive myriad flavours and textures on your palate, from the lazy comfort of butter to the crunch of veggies and the pep of spices. As far as possible, enjoy it fresh, but when you are in a rush, wrap it in aluminium foil, and enjoy it on-the-go, within an hour or so. You can also have as Evening Tea Snacks .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and capsicum sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, turmeric powder chilli powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the black salt and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the masala into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), add a portion of the prepared masala and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Place 1 slit pav vertically, open and place it on the masala.
- Spread the masala evenly over the pav till it gets evenly coated form all the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make more 5 more chat- pata pav.
- Garnish with coriander and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.