Chapati Rolls Stuffed with Spicy Potatoes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 265 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89939 times
Potatoes and peas cooked with spices make up the stuffing of these chatpata chapati rolls. You can use left-over chapatis to assemble this recipe quickly. I have added a dash of extra spice to this recipe by filling methia keri, inside these rotis. You can choose any other pickle you like.
- Combine all the ingredients and add enough water to make soft dough. Knead well.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6") diameter thin chapati.
- Cook each chapati on a hot tava (griddle) lightly on both sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the green chillies and ginger and sauté for one minute.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, chaat masala, garam masala, coriander and salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide into 8 equal parts and keep aside.
- Place a portion of hot spicy potato filling in the centre of a chapati.
- Spread ½ teaspoon methia keri over the filling.
- Roll up the chapati lightly. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 7 more rolls.
- Place the chapati rolls on a hot tava (griddle) and cook using a little oil, till the rolls turn golden brown.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.