Chapati Rolls Stuffed with Spicy Potatoes
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 280 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 104999 times
Chapati and potato curry are made for each other! Here, this winning combo comes together in a handy format. A peppy curry of potatoes and peas, flavoured with spice powders and lemon juice, is tightly rolled up inside chapatis, to make a satiating and convenient snack.
A sprinkling of cheese helps hold the stuffing and the chapatis together more tightly, and also adds an element of fun to the Chapati Rolls Stuffed with Spicy Potatoes. This is also a great way to make use of leftover chapatis.
While munching the Chapati Roll you can have a glass of Mint Chaas or Limbu Pani to sip on.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), cook the chapatis using a little oil till both sides turn light brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more chapatis. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger paste, green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, chaat masala, garam masala, dry mango powder, coriander, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the spicy potato and green pea stuffing into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a portion of the spicy potato and green pea stuffing at one end, top it with 1½ tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Roll it up tightly.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 7 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.