Chana Spinach Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 149 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56333 times
Chana and spinach will take your kids right to the top of their class’ rank list! they are rich in folic acid, protein, calcium and other nutrients that sharpen one’s brains. If you have cooked rice at hand, this dish can be put together in a jiffy.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum and tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and 2 tbsp water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the kala chana and salt and mix well.
- Add the rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 172 kcal|
|Protein|| 4.1 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 32.2 gm|
|Fat|| 2.9 gm|
|Calcium|| 30.2 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 19.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.