by Tarla Dalal
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38463 times
One of my personal favorites!! this subzi has an unusual mix of ingredients, with the potassium-rich chana and tomatoes making it ideal for people with high b. P.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a non-stick pan and cook the brinjal pieces in it on a slow flame until they are soft.
- Blend them with the tomato pulp in a blender till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the ground paste, cinnamon, cloves and bayleaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the brinjal-tomato mixture, garam masala and chilli powder and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the kabuli chana, amchur, coriander-cumin seed powder, 1½ cups water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the paneer, mix gently and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
| 140 cal|| 9.3 gm|| 18.4 gm|| 3.7 gm|| 226.5 mg|| 27.1 mg|| 347.1 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.