Chana Dal with Cucumber
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26953 times
Chana dal in addition to protein provides a good source of iron and fibre while cucumber, added to enhance the flavours, contributes minimal calories and no fat to your diet. Serve hot with rice or chapatis to square up your meal.
- Wash and soak the chana dal in water for at least an hour. Drain and keep aside.
- Add 2 cups water to the soaked dal and pressure cook for 10 to 15 minutes, till the dal is cooked.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Add the cooked dal, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder and chilli powder and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cucumber and salt and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes till the cucumber is tender, but still a little crisp. Add some water, if required to adjust the consistency.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve hot with rice or chapatis.
Nutrient values per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.