Chana Dal Kheer
This recipe has been viewed 10021 times
Quite an interesting combination of chana dal paste with milk in the chana dal kheer makes it a delicious dessert item. Soak almonds and cashewnuts and add the paste to the kheer to add taste and richness to this special payasam or kheer recipe.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and roast the chana dal till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Soak this dal in 3 cups of hot water for 2 hours. Keep aside.
- Soak cashews and almonds in some milk and keep aside.
- Drain and blend the dal in a mixer along with cashews and almonds to a smooth paste.
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan and add the ground paste.
- Bring the kheer to boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot or chilled.
This recipe was contributed by kamalacute on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.