Chana Dal Halwa ( Roz Ka Khana )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 309 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35987 times
A scrumptious dessert made from bengal gram and almonds.
- Clean, wash and soak the bengal gram for at least 2 hours.
- Drain the bengal gram and grind it in a food processor to a coarse paste.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and add the bengal gram paste. Cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the milk, sugar,saffron and 1 cup of water and continue cooking on a slow flame till the sugar has dissolved (about 10 minutes), stirring continuously.
- Remove from the fire, add the almond essence and mix well.
- Garnish with the chopped almonds and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.