Chana Dal With Cucumber
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13904 times
A simple yet hearty dal with the goodness of fresh crunchy cucumber. A quick-to-dole-out recipe, so if you are late from work and craving for some piping hot dal, try this one out. It won’t disappoint!
- Wash and soak the chana dal in water for at least an hour and drain well.
- Combine the chana dal with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles or till the dal is soft.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Mash the dal lightly with the back of the spoon and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cooked dal, cucumber, turmeric powder, ginger-green chilli paste, salt and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.