Chana Chaat, Kala Chana Chaat Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 164 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 86841 times
Hmmmm... a truly exciting combination of ingredients makes this Chana Chaat a real winner! Imagine experiencing the nutty flavour of chana, the soothing mushiness of potatoes, the total tanginess of raw mangoes, the juiciness of tomatoes and the crunch of onions, all in one mouthful.
You get this and much more from the Chana Chaat, thanks to the exciting flavours imparted by garam masala and chaat masala. Indeed, this chatpata tiffin treat is something that can transform your kids’ day! Also pack some Cornflakes Chivda in another tiffin for a perfect short break combo.
- Soak the kala chana in enough water in a deep bowl overnight. Next day, drain it.
- Add enough water and pressure cook in a pressure cooker for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the green chilli paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, garam masala and chaat masala, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, chana, salt, raw mangoes, coriander and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occassionally.
- Allow it to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.