Cauliflower and Potato Ghassi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 368 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24176 times
The traditional ghassi masala paste made of myriad spices, coconut, onions and tamarind is a perfect base to cook vegetables like cauliflower and potato, because it has a multi-faceted flavour that overpowers the subtlety of the veggies making the final dish rather exciting.
Coconut milk is a must as it balances the spices in the paste, ensuring that the Cauliflower and Potato Ghassi is exciting but also pleasing to the palate.
Enjoy the Cauliflower and Potato Ghassi with your favourite Roti , puri or even plain Ghee Rice or Jeera Rice
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the kashmiri dry red chillies, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon, peppercorns and cloves and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer along with turmeric powder, tamarind pulp and approx. ½ cup of water till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the ginger paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, potatoes, salt and ¾ cup of water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared paste and coconut milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.