Cauliflower and Aloo Gravy
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9353 times
Tread the nostalgic lanes with this easy and quick cauliflower and aloo gravy recipe, prepared the way mother's used to cook. Sans rich masala and overpowering spices, cauliflower and aloo gravy or phoolgobhi aur aloo ki saubzi is best paired with rice or parathas.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the turmeric powder and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and saute till they are cooked.
- Add the tomatoes and salt, mix well and saute till the tomatoes become very soft.
- Add the potatoes and then the cauliflower and mix well.
- Once they are lightly fried, add the red chilli powder and the coriander powder and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add little water till the cauliflower is soaked in water and cover the pan and cook till water has evaporated.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by subhasrim on 23 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.