Cauliflower Nutmeg Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12235 times
Gourmet cooking can sometimes be easier than everyday cooking; what makes it ‘gourmet’ are the aesthetic, innovative touches! If you do not believe us, try this Cauliflower Nutmeg Soup. It can be prepared easily and quickly using common ingredients, but a thoughtful twist of flavouring the cauliflower soup with nutmeg makes it unique and exotic.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a deep pan, add the cauliflower and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till they turn soft, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cauliflower-water mixture, nutmeg powder and salt and mix well.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Serve immediately garnished with cheese and nutmeg powder.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.