by Tarla Dalal
Added to 66 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36085 times
Yet another dish made with the versatile cauliflower. Since gobhi has a bland flavour, it can go well with any gravy and combination of spices.
Here is a wonderful treat for all you spice lovers. To enhance the dish's allure, use fresh cauliflower and keep the florets slightly big in size.
Makes a wholesome meal together with rotis and rice .
- Heat a thick iron tava (griddle) on a medium flame and when hot, add the cumin seeds, peppercorn, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and roast for about 10 seconds.
- Add the red chillies and roast for 10 more seconds.
- Add the onions, garlic, turmeric powder, ginger-green chilli paste and ¼ cup of water and blend to a smooth paste in a mixer.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when hot, add the paste and salt and dry roast for 3 to 4 minutes while stirring continuously
- Add the cauliflower, tamarind paste, vinegar, 1 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes and serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 21 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.2 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 3.6 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 0.2 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.6 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.