by Tarla Dalal
Added to 667 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61587 times
A delectable preparation of cashew paste cooked to perfection in cardamom-flavoured sugar syrup, you could serve the cashew barfi for dessert garnished with a few strands of saffron, or use it as a base for more elaborate preparations. Make sure you get the consistency of the sugar syrup right, and there is nothing else to worry about in this recipe.
- Soak the cashewnuts in warm water for about 30 minutes and wash them 2 to 3 times.
- Drain all the water out and blend the cashewnuts to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1/2 cup of water and prepare a syrup of one string consistency.
- Add the cashew paste and cook over a medium flame, stirring continuously till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
- Transfer to a plate and cool slightly. Keep aside.
- Use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.