Carrot and Cashewnut Payasam, Protein Rich Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19000 times
Carrot and Cashewnut Payasam, protein plays an important role in vision. Opsin a type of protein combines with retinal (a form of vitamin A) to form visual pigment called rhodopsin. Lack of protein in diet can affect this process.
Hence this payasam is a perfect combination as carrots are rich in vitamin A whereas cashewnuts are rich in protein. Hence relish this sweet preparation for a bright vision.
- Soak the cashewnuts in warm milk in a deep bowl for 30 minutes. Drain and keep the milk and cashewnuts aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the carrots and cashewnuts in a mixer and blend to a coarse mixture. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk and drained milk in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrot-cashewnut mixture and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for another 15 minutes, while stirring continuously and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Allow it to cool completely and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled garnished with cashewnuts.
Nutrient values Per serving
|Energy|| 493 kcal|
|Protein|| 13.6 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 40.7 gm|
|Fat|| 24.7 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.1 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 845.8 mcg|
|Calcium|| 548.9 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 17.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.