Carrot Pickle ( High Blood Pressure )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14740 times
Did you ever think it is possible to prepare a zero-oil, low-salt pickle? Well, we mean it. Here is a crunchy carrot pickle that can easily pep up boring meals, and it is made with just a mild dash of salt, lemon juice and a tantalising dry masala. You can refrigerate this Carrot Pickle and use it for 2 to 3 days at the most. But, you can prepare a larger batch of the dry masala and use it to quickly prepare the pickle any time you wish, or add it to other veggies, dal and subzis as well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Combine the carrots, lemon juice and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the prepared dry masala and mix well.
- Keep aside to marinate for atleast 1 hour.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate till serving. This pickle will last for upto 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Nutrient values per tablespoon
|Energy|| 10 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.4 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 1.5 gm|
|Fat|| 0.2 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.6 gm|
|Sodium|| 51.8 mg|
|Potassium|| 27.4 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.