Carrot Methi Subzi ( Home Remedies Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 126 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21893 times
This is a great combination of textures and fragrant, spicy flavours that has the added advantage of being quick to make. Being enriched with vitamin a, iron and fibre, it is nutritious. Avoid peeling the carrots as the peel is rich in fibre. Simply scrub the carrots under remaining water to remove dirt.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the onions, green chillies, garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and 1 cup of water and stir.
- Cover and cook over a slow flame till all the moisture has evaporated and the carrots are tender.
- Serve hot with phulkas.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.