Caraway Seed Toast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17760 times
Caraway seeds, originally grown predominantly in holland, add a distinctive flavour to any recipe that it is added to. These bread slices toasted with caraway seeds sprinkled on them pair very well with a hot soup. Sprinkle some seasoning on the toast or just plain salt and pepper-the taste won’t let you down!
- Cut the roll into 2 equal portions horizontally. Then cut each portion into 3 equal pieces vertically. You will get 6 pieces in all.
- Apply ½ tsp of butter evenly on one side of each piece.
- Sprinkle a little caraway seeds evenly over each piece.
- Arrange them on a greased baking tray with the caraway seeds side facing upwards and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes or till the they are crisp and golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with a soup of your choice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.