Caramel Milk Dessert
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 380 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41726 times
The mexicans love caramel. Here is an excellent milk pudding with a caramel taste.
- Soak the raisins in warm water (or in rum) for 1 hour.
- Combine the condensed milk, milk, cinnamon and baking powder. Bring to a boil on a high flame, stirring constantly. Take off the gas.
- Mix the sugar and 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Pour in the hot milk mixture and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the pudding is slightly thick and amber coloured.
- Add the soaked raisins and refrigerate until well chilled. Just before serving, decorate with almonds and beaten whipped cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.