Caramel Custard (Eggless)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 383 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84102 times
Mexicans love the caramelized taste of this light and tasty pudding.
- Soak the china grass in 3/4 cup of cold water for 1 hour. Put to cook on a slow flame until it dissolves.
- In a pudding mould, add the sugar for carmelising and 1 teaspoon of water and go on cooking until it becomes brown. Spread it all over the mould, rotating the mould to spread the sugar evenly. The sugar will harden in 10 minutes.
- Keep aside 1/2 cup milk. Mix the custard in this cold milk.
- Boil the remaining milk with the sugar. When the milk starts boiling, add the custard and go on cooking until you get a smooth sauce.
- Add the china grass to the custard. Boil again for 2 minutes. Strain the mixture and cool it slightly.
- Add the vanilla essence. Mix well. Pour this mixture over the prepared mould. Put it to set.
- Before serving, loosen the sides with a sharp knife and invert on a plate.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.