Capsicum and Cheese Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 187 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84679 times
Healthy Parathas are actually possible! Make this unusual stuffing with low calorie, low fat mozzarella cheese and capsicum. 1½ serving of these filling Parathas when you're feeling peckish will keep you going till the next meal!
- Combine the wheat flour, salt and enough water to make a soft dough.
- Knead well, cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the prepared stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out 2 portions of the dough into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter, using a little flour for rolling.
- Place 1 circle on a flat surface, spread 1 portion of the stuffing evenly on it and cover with another circle. Press lightly to seal the edges well.
- Cook on a non-stick pan, using ½ teaspoon oil, until brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per paratha
| 105 cal|| 3.8 gm|| 15.5 gm|| 3.1 gm|| 41.2 mg|| 0.6 mg|| 0.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.