Canneloni- Neapolitan Style
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12053 times
Impress guests with this substantial Italian dish baked in tomato sauce and cheese.
- Mix the flour, oil and salt. Add water and prepare a soft dough.
- Keep the dough for 1 hour.
- Cut the french beans and carrots into small pieces. Boil them with the green peas.
- Mash the potatoes coarsely.
- Heat the oil thoroughly in a vessel, add the onions and fry for a little time.
- Add the boiled, vegetables, mashed potatoes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes into big pieces, add 1/2 teacup of water and cook. When cooked, take out a thick soup by putting through a sieve.
- Heat the oil throughly in a vessle, add the crushed garlic and fry until it turns brown.
- Add the tomato soup, sugar, chilli powder and salt and boil for 15 minutes. Add the tomato ketchup and grated cheese.
- Roll out the dough into small thin rounds.
- Boil plenty of water in a vessel and add 1 tablespoon of oil to the boiling water.
- Drop one round at a time into the boling water, cook for 1/2 minute and remove. Repeat for all rounds.
- Fill each round with a tablespoon of the stuffing and roll up.
- Arrange on a greased baking dish, pour hot tomato sauce and sprimkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in a hot oven at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.