Cannelloni Pinwheels with Tomato Cream Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 302 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15796 times
An attractively presented pasta with a creamy tomato sauce.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions and roll out each portion as thinly as possible.
- Cut each portion of the rolled out dough into a 200 mm. x 200 mm. (8" x 8") square.
- Heat plenty of water in a broad pan and add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Drop the prepared pasta one sheet at a time into the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain and transfer into a bowl of cold water. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the onion, green chillies and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and salt, cook for 2 more minutes and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till the moisture evaporates.
- Add the chilli powder, oregano, cream and salt and mix well.
- Remove from the fire and keep aside.
- Place one cooked pasta sheet on a dry surface. On one half of the sheet, spread half the spinach filling and on the other half, spread half the paneer filling.
- Roll up the pasta tightly, starting from the spinach filling side of the pasta, to make a Swiss Roll.
- Cut the rolled cannelloni into 25 mm. (1") slices. Place the cannelloni slices on a serving dish, placing the cut side upwards to form pinwheels.
- Repeat the same for the other cooked pasta square and the remaining filling to make more pinwheels.
- Place 4 to 6 pinwheels on each serving dish.
- Heat the tomato cream sauce and spoon it carefully over the pinwheels.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.