by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 290 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62414 times
The word cannelloni is derived from 'canna' and literally means big tubes of pasta. Pasta sheets are cooked, filled and rolled up into a cylindrical shape to form cannelloni. This recipe is a lighter alternative to the cheese and calorie laden traditional recipe. Filled with baby corn, mushrooms, spinach and olives, the cannelloni is coated with a creamy white sauce. You can buy ready cannelloni sheet instead of making it at home. Serve this recipe with garlic bread and tossed green salad.
- Prepare the pasta dough as mentioned in the recipe.
- Divide the pasta dough into 6 portions and roll out each portion as thinly as possible.
- Cut each portion of the rolled out dough into a 100 mm. x 150 mm. (4" x 6") rectangle to make 6 cannelloni sheets.
- Boil plenty of water in a broad pan and add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Drop the prepared pasta one sheet at a time into the boiling water and cook each sheet for 2 minutes.
- Drain and transfer into a bowl of cold water to refresh. Drain again and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the garlic, spring onions, mushrooms and baby corn and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach, stuffed olives, oregano, cheese, cream, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the butter, add the flour and sauté for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking it continuously so that no lumps form. Bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well. Remove from the fire.
- Place one cooked pasta sheet on a dry surface.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the filling mixture on one side of the sheet. Roll up the pasta sheet tightly.
- Repeat for the remaining pasta sheets.
- Place all the prepared cannelloni on a greased baking dish.
- Spoon the white sauce over the cannelloni.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 220°C (430°F) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.