Cabbage and Paneer Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 768 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 183565 times
One of the wondrous snacks from Oriental cuisine, the Cabbage and Paneer Roll is a sumptuous treat with a peppy flavour. The crunch of grated cabbage and spring onions together with the succulence of crumbled paneer gives these rolls an awesome mouth-feel, while a dash of hot chilli sauce gives it a spicy twist. The delectable filling is housed inside crispy bread rolls, which taste too good when made the right way, as described here.
- Combine the plain flour and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices and roll each slice with help of a rolling pin.
- Put approx. 2 tsp of the stuffing on one side of the bread slice and roll it up tightly.
- Apply some plain-flour water mixture at the edges sides, press to seal it.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 27 more bread rolls.
- Heat the oil in a deep non- stick pan and deep-fry, a few rolls at a time on a high flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with hot and sweet sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.