Cabbage and Moong Dal Salad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 324 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30937 times
Rich in protein, fibre, folic acid and iron, this simple salad is good for a mid morning or a late afternoon snack too.
Cabbage and Moong Dal Salad is sure to tickle your taste buds and satisfy your hunger pangs without giving you any empty calories. You can have it for lunch as a side dish or take it to work as this salad, holds well without refrigeration for a couple of hours.
Check out our collection of nutritious recipes for Pregnancy .
- Wash and soak the yellow moong dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, asafoetida and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the yellow moong dal and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the salt and 2 tbsp of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cabbage, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and cool it slightly.
- Add the coriander and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 121 kcal|
|Protein|| 7.3 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 18.2 gm|
|Fat|| 2.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 3.8 gm|
|Iron|| 1.5 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 48.0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.