Cabbage and Moong Dal Salad
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 315 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24590 times
Rich in protein, fibre and iron, this simple salad is good for a mid morning or a late afternoon snack. It will tickle your taste buds and satisfy your hunger pangs without giving you any empty calories. You can have it for lunch as a side dish or take it to work as this salad, holds well without refrigeration for a couple of hours.
Add your private note
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Wash and drain the soaked moong dal. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the curry leaves, asafoetida and green chilli and stir.
- Add the cabbage, moong dal and salt. Sauté over a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes, till the dal softens a little.
- Transfer into a bowl and when it cools slightly, add the coriander, coconut, sugar and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Nutrient values per serving
| 63 gm|| 75 kcal|| 4.1 gm|| 11.5 gm|| 1.4 gm|| 211.1 mcg|| 54.9 mg|| 31.7 mg|| 0.9 mg|| 27.6 mcg|| 0.7 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.