Cabbage and Dal Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 96 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73191 times
A great combination of cereals, pulses and vegetables, this balanced dish can be made more nutritious by replacing half the wheat flour with soya flour or nachni flour.
- Combine the flour and salt together in a bowl and add enough water to make soft dough.
- Knead well for 3 to 4 minutes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the fennel seeds in it for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the green chillies, turmeric powder, ginger, amchur cabbage and 1 tbsp of water and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the moong dal and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and mint and mix very well.
- Remove from the flame divide into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a circle of about 100 mm. (4") diameter using a little flour for rolling.
- Place 1 portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 150 mm. (5") diameter using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Cook on a non-stick pan on both sides using ¼ teaspoon oil until brown spots appear.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Energy|| 96 cal|
|Protein|| 3.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 14.8 gm|
|Fat|| 2.5 gm|
|Sodium|| 150.3 mg|
|Calcium|| 31.3 mg|
|Fibre|| 1.0 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.