by Tarla Dalal
Added to 335 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55889 times
You will love these mouth-watering deep-fried vadas of crushed lentils and chopped cabbage, supported by a gentle combination of carrots, green chillies and coriander. Cabbage vadas will make a wonderful after-school snack for kids or a tea-time treat for elders.
- Soak the chana dal overnight.
- Next day, drain and keep ½ cup of the chana dal aside.
- Combine the remaining chana dal with green chillies and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients (including the remaining chana dal) and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter thick, lightly flattened round vada.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry 3 to 4 vadas at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.