Cabbage Rolls in Tomato Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 343 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 68608 times
Sumptuous and tongue-tickling, the Cabbage Rolls in Tomato Gravy is an ideal package of taste and good health. This delectable continental one-dish meal features cabbage leaves stuffed with crunchy veggies and drowned in a tangy tomato gravy. What an interesting way to top up on vitamin A and protein! Although this recipe calls for a rather long process, from preparing the gravy and chopping the veggies to arranging the dish and baking it, the end result is flavourful and worth a try. The use of low-calorie cabbage to roll up the stuffing, and low-fat paneer as a topping, reduces the calorie count of this delicacy.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Boil a vesselful of water, add a little salt and immerse 3 cabbage leaves in it for a minute. Drain thoroughly and keep aside.
- Repeat step 1 with the remaining 3 cabbage leaves.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a cabbage leaf on a clean, dry surface, place a portion of the stuffing at one end of the leaf, top it with 1 tbsp of the tomato gravy and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat step 4 to make 5 more rolls.
- Arrange the rolls on a greased baking tray.
- Pour the remaining tomato gravy evenly over the cabbage rolls.
- Sprinkle the paneer evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Cabbage rolls in low-cal white sauce
- Instead of tomato gravy, use 1 cup of low-calorie white sauce, and bake before serving as per the recipe.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
|Energy|| 104 kcal|
|Protein|| 5.9 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 13.9 gm|
|Fat|| 2.8 gm|
|Fibre|| 3.7 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 746.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.