Cabbage Paneer Koftas in Makhani Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66772 times
Cornflour and low fat milk imparts a creamy texture to this delectable gravy without adding on extra calories. Serve with steaming hot rice for a perfect sunday lunch!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into an even sized small round.
- Steam the koftas for 8 to 10 minutes in a steamer or microwave them for 5 to 7 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon and red pumpkin with ¾ cup of water and cook over a slow flame till the vegetables are soft.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Remove the cinnamon and cloves and discard them.
- Blend to a smooth purée in the blender. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the kasuri methi and chilli powder and sauté for a few seconds. Add 1 tablespoon of water if the chilli powder begins to burn.
- Add the puréed tomato mixture, sugar and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the prepared gravy. Simmer for a few minutes till the gravy thickens. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, reheat the gravy, slide the koftas into the gravy and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 93 cal|
|Protein|| 5.5 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 13.6 gm|
|Fat|| 1.9 gm|
|Sodium|| 266.0 mg|
|Vitamin C|| 46.1 mg|
|Potassium|| 228.5 mg|
|Fibre|| 1.3 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.