Cabbage Moong Dal Khichdi (10 To 12 Month Old Baby)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 103 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35438 times
Here is a nutrient-dense recipe for your kid, who is soon going to be one. The Cabbage Moong Dal Khichdi is chock-full of protein and carbohydrates, which are essential for your child. Cabbage adds to the vitamin C content of this delicious dish, while moong dal gives folic acid, iron and calcium as well. This is also the right age to add finely-chopped veggies to the diet, so that the kid slowly gets into the habit of chewing, and also gets used to the textures of regular home-cooked food. So, let’s bid goodbye to puréed foods, which used to be the staple till around nine months, and start a new chapter with exciting foods like this.
- Combine the rice, moong dal and 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 5 seconds.
- Add the cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the cabbage turns soft.
- Add the cooked dal-rice mixture, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Cool slightly and serve lukewarm.
Nutrient values Nutritive values for
| 211 kcal|| 9.0 gm|| 36.9 gm|| 3.0 gm|| 37.2 mg|| 35.1 mg|| 1.5 mg|| 48.0 mcg|| 4.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.